A bit about us:
Consult Hyperion is a globally recognized, independent consultancy, providing thought leadership and expertise in the areas of payments, mobility and identity. We help clients solve problems, understand opportunities and future proof their ideas. Everything we deliver operates at scale – millions of transactions, all over the world.
Contactless payments? We were there from the start. In fact, we helped the payment brands develop their specifications and testing programs, and it was our team who helped deliver the OMNY system in New York City.
Mobile banking? We’ve got a team of ethical hackers who ensure that day in, day out, our client’s apps are secure and stay ahead of the curve.
Who said identity is the new money? They weren’t wrong. Think about your wallet today, most of the contents are related to identity and proving you are who you say you are. We help governments all over the world, understand the technical and social challenges related to identity.
Not heard of us before? We’ve been around for 35 years and our values are what stand us apart. We’re curious, creative and collaborative experts. We have high integrity – we do the right thing for our clients, our team and our shareholders. We have a new Board who are driving the growth of the business for the next generation.
It’s interesting and varied. No two days are the same. And your colleagues are smart – we all love learning.
A snap-shot in time could see you helping clients explore;
- Payments for the 21st Century, including EMV, open-banking, crypto-currencies, remote and alternative payment solutions
- Smart ticketing to improve transit services, Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) and Mobility-on-Demand (MoD) solutions
- Digital Identity and Privacy rebuilding trust on the Internet
Strategy, technical advisory, software development and technical due diligence are just some of the value we’ve delivered to clients over recent months. Those clients across North America include American Express, Bank of America, Discover Financial Services, LCUC (Canada), Mastercard, Royal Bank of Canada, Worldpay and Visa.
What you’ll bring:
We are on the hunt for a smart, inquisitive person to support our business development activities within the North American payments, digital identity and privacy sectors. Working closely with our local team of consultants and Sales Director Americas, you will be involved in identifying, capturing and closing business within an agreed set of accounts. Working closely with our global marketing team you will fine tune and sell our range of off-the-shelf consultancy packages, targeted at the FinTech sector, small to medium sized transit operators and financial institutions.
Deep knowledge of our sectors is not essential. However, we will expect you to rapidly gain a deep understanding of the business issues faced by your clients and the opportunities and threats presented by current and emerging regulations, social trends and technologies. You’ll be comfortable representing our team through social media outreach and blog writing. You will become a confident writer in these areas and proficient at public speaking.
We believe in autonomy and we trust you to be on board with our values. You will be expected to work remotely, with minimal administrative and operational support. Given Consult Hyperion’s position at the forefront of payments, mobility and identity technology, you must embrace and enjoy working in an environment of change. Your next deal may have a significant impact on the lives of billions of people around the world every day.
At a minimum, our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Proven track record of exceeding agreed sales targets, through a combination of winning new business, managing accounts and closing complex sales with a value in excess of US$200k.
- Background in selling knowledge based services, recognizing that you will have to sell to your clients, your colleagues and sub-contractors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present documentation and influence decision making.
But it would be great if you had:
- Understanding and ability to debate the changes taking place in retail payments, digital identity and/or privacy sectors and the drivers behind them.
- Industrial Experience: ideally spent in a retail payments or digital identity company, their suppliers or in IT solutions sales.
- Experience of using the Miller Heiman LAMP Process to develop and manage robust account development plans.
- A home base on the East Coast of Canada or the USA.
We offer a competitive package, salary, holiday, healthcare, pension, and a flexible working environment, be it client site, office, home or away. You’ll have the tools to get you onboard and online. Our internal communications are face to face or online.
Like what you hear? Contact us at email@example.com for more information.