Hyperion Systems Limited, (trading as “Consult Hyperion” or “CHYP USA Inc.” or “We” or “Our” or “Us”) are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information when you visit our website and social media platforms in accordance with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (“The Regulation”).
This policy, (together with our Terms and Conditions sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data, and how we will treat it. By using our website (http://www.chyp.com) and/or registering with us, you are agreeing to the terms of this Policy.
Personal and non-personal information.
Personal information is information that can be used to uniquely identify a single person. We also collect non-personal information. Non-personal information is information that will not allow a specific individual to be identified.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
a) Information you give us• information that you provide to us when you write to us (including by email);
• information that you provide to us when we speak to you by telephone;
• information that you provide to us at any of our events;
• information that you provide to us when you participate in discussion boards on our website, subscribe to our newsletter, events/speaking engagements notifications, podcasts, webinars, blogs, or other social media platforms;
• the information you give us may include your name, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description, photograph ;
• information that you provide to us when you register for or apply for a job on or via our website;
• For recruiting purposes, the information you provide to us may include background information required to apply for a job, other personal information that you include on your resume and information that you submit as part of your application;
• if you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that you have given them the information set out in this notice and that they have given permission for us to use their information as set out in this notice;
• details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access; or
• information obtained by us from third parties in accordance with the Regulation.
b) Information we collect about you
We may automatically collect the following information about you when you visit our website:• Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
c) Information we receive from other sources
We work with third parties (for example, business partners, associates, sub-contractors in technical, payment, identity, and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, etc.) and may receive information about you from them.
How we may use your information
We may use the information we hold about you in the following ways:• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to market our products and services to you in the future, and this may involve our contacting you using any of the contact details you give us;
• to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services we feel may interest you;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to understand customer requirements, perform analysis and comparisons and to obtain your views on our products, services, website or social platforms;
• to improve our website and ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
• to record and administer your use of our website for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, surveys and generation of marketing reports;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
• to keep our website safe and secure;
Where we store and process your personal data
All information you provide to us via email or our website is stored on our secure servers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or access code which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password or access code confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and appropriate security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We shall not intentionally disclose or transfer (and shall take reasonable steps to prevent the unauthorized or accidental disclosure of) your personal information to third parties (i.e. persons or entities that are not our affiliates) without your consent, whether for such third parties’ marketing purposes or otherwise.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:• organisations who provide us with support services or that help market our services. We provide these third party service providers or organisations with such information, as they may need it to allow them to perform their functions;
• to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hyperion Systems Ltd, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
• if Hyperion Systems Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its clients will be one of the transferred assets; or
• where we have your consent to do so.
Links to third-party websites
Our Website may provide links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Data Retention Policy
Hyperion Systems Ltd stores information for various purposes as notified to you in this policy. For each of these different purposes, Hyperion Systems Ltd only retains the information for so long as it is serving its notified purpose.
More specifically, Hyperion Systems Ltd retains personal information provided on our website (http://www.chyp.com) for:
|Data Retention Purpose||Retention Period|
|Your contact details will be collected for the purpose of registering for an event.||6 months after the date of the event – Your contact details will be retained for the duration of the event and 6 months thereafter to assist with organising the event.|
|User forums and boards – to provide an environment for the open exchange of ideas.||Upon request we may be able to remove individual items but cannot guarantee their removal|
|Contact details for submitted comments or contact us inquiries||Indefinitely – Any personal information will be retained for contacting purposes only.|
|Check whether a job candidate has previously applied||5 Years – We would like to know whether a job candidate has previously applied. A minimal amount of personal information will be retained for this purpose, and it will be deleted after 5 years.|
|Retain job candidate contact details and past application for individuals that have applied to Us so that We might notify them of future opportunities||7 Years – If a job candidate consents to Hyperion Systems Ltd retaining their application and contact details, then Hyperion Systems Ltd will continue to do so until either instructed to delete the information by the job candidate or 7 years of inactivity have passed. Once the 7 years have passed, Hyperion Systems Ltd will ask the job candidate if they wish to keep their account active. If the answer is no or if there is no answer at all, the account will be deleted.|
|Retain job candidate contact details for individuals whose data has been collected by a third party (e.g. recruiter, resume book, employment website…)||7 Years – If a job candidate has given consent to the third party to collect their personal information for employment purposes, then Hyperion Systems Ltd will retain their contact details until either instructed to delete the information by the job candidate or 7 years of inactivity have passed. Once the 7 years have passed, Hyperion Systems Ltd will ask the job candidate if they wish to keep their account active. If the answer is no or if there is no answer at all, the account will be deleted.|
|Retain contact details for distribution of Hyperion Systems Ltd Newsletter and Alerts||Indefinitely – Once registered, the user will continue to receive Hyperion Systems Ltd Newsletters and alerts unless they ask to no longer receive delivery of email or the periodical.|
|Retain contact details for submitted comments||Indefinitely – Any personal information is either published with the article or stored with the article.|
Event Use of Information Policy
In registering for any of our events, you agree that:• We may use photos and videos of the event that may include you for distribution to event participants and in our promotional materials for future events, unless you expressly state in advance your desire not to be included in photos or videos
• Any insights gained from sessions that you participate in and contribute to may also be used by us (on an anonymised basis) for any purpose and without restriction;
• We may include details of your name, title, and company in our promotions for the event, which is available to registered delegates.
We may combine the information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information thereof for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Hyperion Systems Ltd understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an on-line environment. The Website is NOT designed for or directed at children 16 years of age or younger, and Hyperion Systems Ltd will not intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under this age.
We may update this Policy at any time without notice. Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page.
Your continued use of our website, following the posting of changes to this Policy, will mean that you accept these changes.
Where applicable, you have the right to
• request access to your personal data;
• request correction of your personal data;
• erasure of your personal data (to be forgotten);
• restrict the processing of your personal data;
• object to the processing of your data;
• receive your personal data which you provided to us (data portability);
• withdraw consent to processing your personal data for marketing purposes at any time;
• lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), if you believe we have not handled your complaint appropriately. You can contact the ICO on their website.
If, where applicable, you would like a copy of the personal information we hold about you, you would need to write to us (see the Contact Us section). We will respond to your access request within 30 days of receipt of the request. A reasonable access request will be provided free of charge; however, where it involves substantial costs to ourselves, we reserve the right to:• charge a reasonable administration fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information; or
• decline your request, and provide you with the reasons for doing so.
Information/Fair Processing Notice
In fulfilling our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we hereby confirm that the information you provide to us will only be used by Hyperion Systems Ltd to provide you with access to our publications, marketing materials, and any other service you may require from us.
Depending on the service required, your information will be retained as indicated in our Data Retention Policy above.
We may collect, store, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for analytical purposes.
If you have any enquiries regarding this policy and our use of your information, please contact our representative at the address set out below, and we will respond to your enquiry at our earliest opportunity.
Name: Privacy Officer
Tweed House, 12 The Mount, Guildford, Surrey GU2 4HN
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +44 (0) 1483 301 793