Our experienceConsult Hyperion has been helping companies make and take payments for over thirty years. Our client base includes:
- The major international payment schemes: We have helped Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover maintain and innovate their payment offerings. We have been involved in every major payments innovation since the introduction of chip and PIN in 1994.
- Domestic payment schemes: We have supported eftpos (Australia), Interac (Canada), NPCI (India), Dankort (Denmark) and many others to make upgrades to support EMV, contactless, mobile payments and countless other innovations.
- Retail banks: Our clients have included major banks in the UK, USA, Canada, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and South East Asia for whom we have performed projects ranging from M&A and RFP advisory work, payment regulatory advice, support for implementation of new payment features through to testing and prototyping of new solutions.
- Merchant acquirers/PSPs: We have worked for major merchant acquirers and PSPs to support them with market analysis and innovation in their payment products as well as advising them of regulatory changes and upgrades. In particular we have been heavily involved in mPoS initiatives, looking to create mobile based acceptance solutions.
- Alternative payment providers: We have worked with providers of alternative mobile payment methods starting with our involvement in designing the architecture for the M-Pesa scheme in Kenya, through work on the various X-Pay solutions, and support into mobile network operators to develop new mobile payment offerings.
- Merchants and other payees: We have helped a wide range of merchants and other organisations accepting payments to help them innovate in omni-channel and e-commerce solutions.
- Payment infrastructure companies: We have worked with a wide range of payment infrastructure companies supporting risk and fraud management and new style PSD2 TPP routing and authentication providers with projects covering everything from regulatory analysis to market positioning and competitive analysis.
What can we do for you?Consult Hyperion has extensive experience in advising our clients on their payments strategy and helping them deploy robust payment solutions. Our experience covers performing many roles to support our clients.
- Advisory: We help our clients by supporting their decision-making processes around mergers and acquisitions, procurement and due diligence using our wide industry knowledge and network plus our deep understanding of the requirements of the payments sector.
- Strategy: By having a broad understanding of the payment landscape and specialist domain knowledge of payment eco-systems and technology we have been able to help our clients make strategic decisions on how best to evolve their payment offerings.
- Regulatory: Combining our knowledge of payments with continued monitoring of the regulatory environment has enabled us to advise our clients on how best to meet the requirements of regulations such as PSD2/SCA and PCI.
- Solutions: By using our deep, detailed knowledge of payment technologies such as EMV, Mobile Payments, Mobile Security, Tokenization and Contactless, we have designed and created prototypes for technical solutions for our clients to enable them to innovate whilst ensuring security.
- Specifications: Having designed technical payment solutions that securely offer new value propositions we have subsequently developed specifications for these to enable them to be deployed robustly and consistently.
- Implementation: Through our understanding of the full payment stack we have helped our clients to successfully deploy many solutions including EMV card programs, new acceptance solutions, loyalty solutions and tokenization services.
- Evaluation: We use our broad understanding of payments, security and risk to evaluate existing solutions to determine what risks are present in a solution and how these can be mitigated.
Because Consult Hyperion’s consultants work globally, they have a perspective that helps to accelerate thinking; they bring broad experience to problem solving in both technical and business contexts. And most importantly when you’re collaborating with external teams, they’re great people to work with.
Victoria Richardson – Chief Strategy Officer, Australian Payments Network
Our global contributionAs indicated on the map below, we have supported many clients across the world and can assist in the design, development and deployment of payment strategies and solutions.
Contact us for a no obligation conversation on how we can help you.