Consult Hyperion has extensive experience in advising on smart fare collection and payment solutions for Transit services and Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS), and supporting their development:
- Transit Agencies: We were the technical consultants at the heart of the original design and development of the London solution. We have since gone on to advise many others across the globe (see map below).
- International Payment Networks: Following the success in London, we were asked to write the specifications for many of the Mobility and Transport Transaction (MTT) models which define how to process open payment transactions for the international payment brands.
- System Integrators: As impartial advisers with no products of our own, we work with transit scheme integrators, helping them understand how to add leading edge technologies into their solutions, and sometimes on the client side, keeping technology providers honest.
- MaaS / MoD / Fare Collection Providers: Our deep understanding of the secure payment technologies makes us ideally placed to advise on the integration of various payment instruments into Mobility as a Service and Mobility on Demand schemes.
What can we do for you?
Our specialist consultants can help you by working closely and efficiently with you to provide the following kinds of services:
- Comparing the alternative technologies and transit payments approaches to enable you to select the right ones for you.
- Technology roadmapping to get you safely from where you are today to where you need to be, taking account of emerging technologies and industry trends such as such as Account-Based Ticketing (ABT), Open Architecture and Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS).
- Authoring requirements and technical specifications for your suppliers to meet or reviewing the same provided by your supplier to assure that your requirements have been met.
- Support procurement processes by authoring tender specification, helping interview bidders and score their responses.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant standards.
- Testing your new system at each development milestone to ensure a seamless and hassle-free launch.
Our global contributionAs indicated on the map, we have worked on many automated fare collection projects across the world and can assist in the design, development and deployment of new systems.
Contact us for a no obligation conversation on how we can help you.